Monday, April 30, 2007

Ropes clinic and camera

Last week we had a small ropes clinic for some friends and teams getting into AR. It was great and the fact that we got each student to rappel off of the train trestle was a success in itself. I never would have guessed when my friends were shoving me off of the train trestle on exit 38 that I would be doing the same thing, in a more humane way...my guess is that the students will be just as hooked on AR as I have become, if they aren't already. You can read the DART-nuun news release for the clinic here.

I am still going through withdrawals for lack of a camera. I need to get back on the program and order a camera pronto...this will give me more things to write about or at least more content. The camera I prefer (a lot of racers have asked) is the Pentax Optio W30, mostly because it is waterproof, but it also takes a solid picture once you figure out how to utilize all of the functions and mine took a licking and kept on ticking. I think my old camera is still taking pictures at the bottom of the ocean, unless its batteries ran out.

On a side note a friend recomended this book entitled Fixing Your Feet...probably worth checking out with all of our treking exploits.

No comments: