Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pumping Iron

Early in the year we spend a lot of time adding base miles with bike rides, long runs and paddles. The gang paddled around Camano Island yesterday, nearly 40 miles. Along with adding base it's time to work on strength and core. It has been just about a year since I started working out seriously in the Gym and it has paid dividends. I've been spending a lot of time at the Washington Athletic Club lately...with bad snow conditions and bone chilling weather outside I have been driven inside a bit more than I would normally like, which isn't such a bad thing.

I generally add a bit of weight early in the year and then shed it as my aerobic workouts grow and intensity picks up. This year is not going to be much different, but I would like to focus on running a bit more. A couple more trail races and another ultra would be fun ;-)

1 comment:

Michmas said...

Have you tried xFit yet? It's the bomb!