Thursday, March 05, 2009

Out, but not down...

I'm addicted to fast paced team sports...its kind of funny that I ended up getting caught up in Adventure Racing as most of the time the fast part seems to elude me. Anyways, I can't get enough of my Basketball, Soccer and other high intensity team sports. After years of my team mates telling me that I was going to shoot my eye out, I mean injur myself, it finally happened. I partially tore some ligaments in my right ankle after coming down on someone's foot moving very fast. A big pop echoed in the gym and I hit the floor.

I got the plaster cast, was hoping JVG would draw a hart on it and sign it, then graduated to the plastic boot and I am again mobile but not moving fast. Since then I have officially retired from hoops and I've asked the Washington Athletic Club to hang my jersey from the rafters but they will most likely not honor my request, I might just throw an old dirty one up there for kicks.

In the mean time I am appreciating the finer things, like TV, college basketball games, my social life and lots of quality time with the family. Glenn likes to hear that I spend some time on helping with Trioba, that's happening as well.


Until the next time...I'll be icing and elevating.

3 comments:

Gary Robbins said...

Shit dude that sucks! I did the same thing to my ankle about ten years back. Never fun, but at least we know you'll recover faster than most! Looks like JVG gets all the play time now Mr.Dad!
GR

Matt Hart said...

hang in there dood. injuries are part of this game unfortunately.

trioba 2009 is going to rock!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy the down time and be greatful it didnt happen in the middle of summer! You'll be up and running in no time.

XOXO to the family
M